What are your options in scar removal surgery?
Scar is that mark that gets developed on the skin following procedures like an operation, some kind of injury or wound. The scars are majorly made up of a protein named collagen. Scars come is every size, they can be so tiny that you won’t even notice them or can even be very prominent on the skin. Usually scars dissolve on its own without using any treatment but when they do not, a treatment becomes necessary to reduce their appearance. Scars can make a person very conscious about their appearance. Among the various methods for scar removal, Laser scar removal and skin revision are the most opted procedure because of the outcomes of these methods.
The right time to choose a scar removal procedure
- If you feel insecure because of the way your scar looks.
- If the presence of a scar prevents you from wearing the outfit of your choice
- If you are experiencing pain because of a scar.
- If you have a scar that is too old to be treated with scar removal products.
- If you want to get rid of your scars right away.
What is the procedure of scar removal with laser or skin revision?
- The method that will be used by your dermatologist depends on the shape, size and type of your scar.
- Your dermatologist will examine your scar.
- If you are opting for laser scar removal procedure then you have to wear eye glasses to protect your eyes form the harmful laser rays, specifically if the procedure is taking place on your face.
- With the help of laser rays the scar tissues are melted.
- To protect the surrounded healthy skin, towels are applied.
- To prevent any burn from taking place, a cooling solution will be used by the surgeon.
- After the laser scar removal surgery a dressing will be applied on the treated area.
- The scars that do not get treated by the laser method are treated by skin revision where with the help of a minimal excision you can get rid of that scar. Your scar will be cut from the area you want to remove it from.
What outcomes should you anticipate following your scar removal procedure?
Your surgery’s outcome will depend on several aspects, including the size, color, and appearance of your scar. The number of sessions needed to achieve the desired results may increase if the scar is large and old. Moreover, the freshly produced scar during skin remodeling takes some time to fade.
What should you avoid after having surgery to remove scars?
- You should talk to your doctor about your medical history and what you hope to achieve from the procedure.
- Quitting smoking is advised a few weeks before and after laser scar removal surgery.
- In the case of an excision operation, keep the incision clean and apply scar removal lotion as directed by the dermatologist.
- You should use sunscreen to preserve your newly treated skin.
Why choose dezire clinic for your scar removal surgery?
Dezire clinic has been in the field of cosmetic and surgical procedure for years now. We use the latest technology available in the market to give you a high class services. Dezire is known for maintaining an impeccable level of hygiene for a safe experience of our clients. We maintain confidentiality in our works to ensure that you will have a comfortable experience with us. You can call us on 9717470550 or you can email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book your free consultation.