Want to get rid of that old scar? What is Old scar removal surgery?
Scar is a mark that gets left on the skin after undergoing an injury, wound or surgery. These scar formed are mainly made up of a protein called collagen. Scars can be of any size or shape, they can be large or painful and some of them are barely visible. They can also be a keloid scar that is known for causing pain while moving and also for growing out of its original space. These scars look unsightly and make you feel conscious or insecure about your appearance. Minor scars get faded it but some scars can stay there lifelong and to remove them you have to undergo scar removal surgeries. There are various methods used for scar removal but laser scar removal and skin revision are the two methods that give prominent results immediately.
When you should opt for scar removal procedure
- If the appearance of your scar has started making you feel insecure.
- If you are not able to wear your favorite clothing due to the presence of scar.
- If your scar has stared causing you pain.
- If your scar is too old to be treated with the help of scar removal creams.
- If you want to remove your scars immediately.
What is the procedure of scar removal with laser or skin revision?
- Depending on the shape, size and type of your scar, your dermatologist will use different approaches on you.
- First your scar will be examined for treatment.
- To remove the scar, a numbing solution is applied on your scar.
- It is important to wear eye protecting glasses to protect yourself from laser rays if the procedure is going to take place on your face.
- Then the laser wave gets applied on your scar to heat the scar cells.
- To keep the surrounded skin protected from the harm, towels will be applied to nearby skin.
- To prevent skin burns, cooling solution will be applied by the surgeon.
- After the laser scar removal procedure gets completed, a dressing will be applied to keep the region protected.
- There are some scars that cannot be removed with the help of laser and in that case skin revision method is used where an excision is performed to get rid of the scar by surgical method where scar is cut from the skin and then the skin gets stitched. The scar caused by this method fades itself or with the help of scar removal creams.
What results can you expect from your scar removal procedure?
The result of your surgery depends on these factors such as size, color and look of your scar. If the scar is huge and old then it might require more sessions to get the desired results. And in case of skin revision, it requires some time for the newly formed scar to vanish.
What are the precautions after your scar removal surgery?
- It is necessary to discuss your medical history and expectations from the surgery with your doctor.
- It is recommended to stop smoking few weeks prior and after the laser scar removal surgery.
- You should protect your newly treated skin with the help of sunscreen,
- In case of excision procedure, keep the wound clean and apply scar removal cream as prescribed by the dermatologist.
Why choose dezire clinic for your scar removal surgery?
Dezire clinic has been in the field of cosmetic and surgical procedure for years now. We use the latest technology available in the market to give you a high class services. Dezire is known for maintaining an impeccable level of hygiene for a safe experience of our clients. We maintain confidentiality in our works to ensure that you will have a comfortable experience with us. You can call us on 9717470550 or you can email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book your free consultation.