Gynecomastia or man boobs is a condition that affects nearly 60% of the men’s population around the world and most of the time the children, adolescents, and men above 50 years of age suffer from this condition causing anxiety and awkwardness in them. Men suffering from this condition usually avoid taking their shirts off in public and visiting swimming pools as they are always concerned about their shirtless look and the awkward shagginess that they feel around their chest area. But how this condition occurs in male and is there any treatment available for it? In this blog, we are going to answer these two popular questions from head to toe. Let’s begin.
What is Gynecomastia or Man boobs?
Gynecomastia or Man boobs is a condition that causes protrusion of the male chest and makes it look like a female breast with puffiness and sagginess around the chest area which can be bilateral or unilateral, Symmetrical or asymmetrical moreover the Gynecomastia is of two types:
- Pseudo Gynecomastia: In this type of Gynecomastia the primary reason behind the condition is obesity or fat which increases the shagginess around the chest area and makes it look like a female’s breast, the primary issue in this type is not the Breast gland but fat.
- Glandular Gynecomastia: In this condition, the culprit is the enlarged breast gland and it could be removed only through surgery. This type of male-boobs condition makes the chest area puffed around the areolar region.
How do Man-boobs and Gynecomastia develop?
It can occur due to the mentioned reasons:
- Hormone Imbalance: It is one of the causes in which imbalance between the level of female Hormone (Estrogen) and the male hormone (Testosterone) hormone results in the building of man boobs, decrease in the level of male hormone(Testosterone), and increase Estrogen uplift the problem of Gynecomastia.
- Anabolic Steroids: Steroids used by people for enhancing physical performance or to build muscles can cause the problem of Gynecomastia or Man boobs as they change the hormonal level inside the body resulting in an imbalance between males and female hormones.
- Obesity: Fat accumulation is also one of the reasons for getting Gynecomastia or man boobs, as a thick layer of fat accumulates around the body giving that shaggy look to the chest which appears as a woman’s breast.
- Medications: Medications sometimes also plays role in getting this condition.
How Gynecomastia surgery is done?
- First, markings are done properly around the chest area which is to be treated.
- Anesthesia is provided and then incisions are made below the areolar region.
- VASER probe is inserted to melt the fat using ultrasonic waves.
- A liposuction cannula is inserted and moved back and forth to suck out the melted fat using a vacuum suction machine.
- In the end, the gland is removed using the incisions made and sutures were placed in the incision area.
WHY choose Dezire clinic?
Men who are suffering from Gynecomastia always Dream about wearing their favorite T-shirts or walking on the beach shirtless and YES, their dreams can change into reality with the Dezire clinic where the renowned surgeon Dr. Prashant Yadav will treat this condition like a professional. So, if you are looking for some change and wishing to get rid of Gynecomastia do dial the respective branch numbers as mentioned below.