What is Lipoma removal surgery? How it is done?
Lipoma stands for a lump that takes place due to the unusual growth of fat cells. Usually, a doctor considers lipomas to be benign tumors which means they can not have cancerous growths. The removal of lipoma is not necessary and they are removed if causing any pain or complications or for cosmetic purposes. Lipomas can take place anywhere in the body where fat cells are located and mostly they appear on shoulders, chest, forehead, arms, neck, face, etc. Though less common they can also form in internal organs and bones. Lipomas are soft to the touch and moveable when we press them down. They are usually smaller in size but giant lipomas can also be formed.
What is the exact cause of lipoma?
Although the precise cause of lipoma is still unknown, many medical professionals think that a genetic anomaly is to blame. Studies on lipoma have also shown that any stress on soft tissue increases the likelihood that lipoma may subsequently form in the same tissues. It is discovered that 2 to 3 percent of people with lipoma have acquired this illness from their parents.
Why to opt for Lipoma removal surgery?
- If your lipoma is getting bigger with time
- If you are insecure about the appearance of lipoma
- If your lipoma is causing pain
- If a lipoma is getting hard and becoming immovable
How do lipomas get removed surgically?
- The only method of removing lipomas is surgically treating them.
- Lipoma removal is a relatively minimally invasive procedure but the location of a lipoma and its depth can make the procedure more invasive.
- Your doctor will operate on you under local anesthesia where a small incision or puncture hole will be made and through that, your lipoma will be sucked out from the roots.
- If multiple lipomas are located pretty near to each other then they can be sucked out from just an incision.
What precautions should be followed after your lipoma removal surgery?
- The stitched wound must heal fully for at least 15 days.
- You shouldn’t engage in strenuous exercise until you have fully recovered.
- Inform your doctor if you are receiving treatment for an illness you have been diagnosed with.
- For a few days prior to and following surgery, refrain from drinking or consuming alcohol.
If you experience any discomfort, just use the prescribed painkillers.
- Ice packs can reduce the swelling surrounding the treatment area.
Is there any alternative to lipoma removal surgery for treating lipoma?
If the lipoma is larger in size or several of them, the liposuction procedure is a viable choice for eradication. While their effectiveness has not yet been shown, some doctors utilize medicated injections as a non-invasive removal method.
Why choose dezire clinic for your lipoma removal surgery?
Dezire clinic has been in the field of cosmetic and surgical procedures for years now. We use the latest technology available in the market to give you a high-class service. Dezire is known for maintaining an impeccable level of hygiene for a safe experience for our clients. We maintain confidentiality in our work to ensure you will have a comfortable experience with us. You can call us at 9717470550 or you can email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book your free consultation.