VASER stands for (Vibration Amplification for Sound Energy at Resonance) and at Dezire clinic. I (Dr. Prashant Yadav) am using this machine for doing liposuction for about 10 years and according to me, this is the best and the most advanced machine that has helped in delivering thousands of positive results for a decade now. Yes there are some issues with this machine as well which are pretty much tolerable as operating a complex machine is not an easy task and you have to find out ways to make it work according to you so the patients would get the best results possible.
For what the VASER machine is used?
VASER is a machine that has revolutionized the liposuction procedure and made it easy for surgeons all around the world to remove the unwanted fat from the patient’s body in a much easy manner compared to the traditional liposuction procedure. The VASER probe is inserted which produces ultrasound waves, ultimately melting the fat from the body part where it is inserted.
How the VASER liposuction is being done?
- The area which is to be treated is filled with a saline liquid to numb the site and prevent any blood loss or bruising as now the melting of fat by the ultrasound energy would get easier.
- Now the VASER probe is inserted into the required area where the saline liquid was filled and the ultrasonic energy is utilized to melt the fat without affecting the surrounding tissues, blood vessels, or muscles.
- At last, the melted fat is suctioned out by using a cannula.
Advantages of using the VASER machine:
The advantages that I feel of using this machine are numerous but here I mentioned only a few of them:
- Compactness: The size of the VASER machine is in a decent range that’s why the portability in the operation room is not a big deal, it could be moved to the place from where the procedure can be done properly without any interruption.
- Infiltration: The level of this machine infiltration is incomparable with any other procedure, I prefer the pulse mode with 90% energy while operating the patient with the VASER machine.
- Adjustable suction: The suction pressure is adjustable and can be changed at any time according to the requirement of the procedure.
Disadvantages of using the VASER machine:
Here are some of the honorable disadvantages list of a VASER machine from my 10 years of experience:
- Infiltration: The infiltration pump sometimes needs to be changed and yes I have changed that too but not frequently.
- Footpads: The footpads used for infiltration and VASER sometimes with time need to get changed for a smooth operation.
- Probe: The VASER probe needs to be changed over a while.
On and all the VASER machine makes the procedure of liposuction and transferring fat less time taking and accurate and I will continue using it for the upcoming years until some new technology that is more faster and accurate than this one comes into the picture.