Are you also searching What is gynecomastia over the internet?
Gynaecomastia is a condition in which the breast tissue in males becomes enlarged. It is caused by an imbalance of hormones, specifically an increase in estrogen relative to testosterone. It can occur in newborns, adolescents, and older men, and may also be a side effect of certain medications or underlying medical conditions. The condition is usually harmless, but it can cause emotional discomfort and self-consciousness in some individuals. In severe cases, surgery may be considered as a treatment option.
What are the types of Gynecomastia?
There are several types of gynaecomastia, based on the underlying cause and characteristics of breast tissue enlargement:
- Physiological gynaecomastia: This is the most common type of gynaecomastia and is usually seen in newborns, adolescents, and older men. It is caused by a natural hormonal imbalance and typically resolves on its own.
- Pathological gynecomastia: This type of gynaecomastia is caused by an underlying medical condition, such as liver disease, kidney failure, or a tumor. Treatment involves addressing the underlying condition.
- Medication-induced gynaecomastia: Certain medications, such as anti-androgens, anabolic steroids, and some antidepressants, can cause breast tissue enlargement. Treatment involves discontinuing the medication or switching to an alternative.
- Gynaecomastia due to lifestyle factors: This type of gynaecomastia is caused by lifestyle factors such as alcohol abuse, drug abuse, and obesity.
- Pseudo-gynaecomastia: This type of gynaecomastia is caused by an accumulation of fat tissue in the breast area and is not due to glandular breast tissue enlargement. It can be treated with weight loss and exercise.
How is Gynecomastia treated with the help laser at our clinic?
Laser gynecomastia surgery, also known as laser-assisted liposuction, is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that uses laser technology to remove excess breast tissue and fat from the male chest area. The procedure involves the following steps:
Anesthesia: The patient is given local or general anesthesia, depending on the extent of the procedure and the patient’s preference.
Incisions: The surgeon makes small incisions in the chest area, typically around the nipple or under the armpit.
Laser treatment: A thin laser fiber is inserted through the incisions and is used to melt and liquefy the excess breast tissue and fat.
Suction: A small tube called a cannula is inserted through the incisions and used to suction out the liquefied tissue and fat.
Closing the incisions: The incisions are closed with sutures or adhesive strips.
The procedure takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete, depending on the extent of the gynecomastia. The recovery period is usually minimal, with patients able to resume normal activities within a few days to a week after the surgery. However, strenuous exercise and heavy lifting should be avoided for several weeks following the procedure.
Why surgery is the permanent result giving option for gynecomastia
Surgery is a permanent result-giving option for gynecomastia because it involves the removal of excess breast tissue and fat, which cannot regrow once it has been removed. While hormonal imbalances and certain medications can cause gynecomastia to reoccur, surgical removal of the tissue provides long-term results.
What precautions are important to take after your gynecomastia surgery?
After gynecomastia surgery, there are several precautions that patients should take to promote proper healing and minimize the risk of complications. These precautions may include:
- It is important to wear a dressing for at least 3 days to ensure proper healing for your incisions.
- Wearing compression garments: Patients are typically advised to wear a compression garment for several weeks after the surgery to reduce swelling and promote proper healing.
- Avoiding strenuous activity: Patients should avoid strenuous activity and heavy lifting for several weeks after the surgery, as this can cause bleeding, swelling, and other complications.
- Managing pain and discomfort: Patients may experience some pain and discomfort after the surgery, which can be managed with pain medication prescribed by the surgeon.
- Following a healthy diet: Patients should follow a healthy diet and avoid consuming alcohol and smoking for several weeks after the surgery, as these can interfere with the healing process.
- Attending follow-up appointments: Patients should attend follow-up appointments with their surgeons to monitor their progress and ensure proper healing.
- It is important for patients to follow their surgeon’s post-operative instructions carefully to ensure a successful and speedy recovery.
Why should you choose the Dezire Clinic for gynecomastia treatment?
If you’re seeking cosmetic therapy in Delhi, Dezire Clinic has been providing surgical and cosmetic procedures for many years. By utilizing the newest technologies available, we give you top-notch services. Dezire is famous for preserving an exceptional level of sanitation to guarantee the security of our clients. We respect confidentiality in all we do so that dealing with us is comfortable for you. Contact us by phone at 9717470550 or email at email@example.com to arrange your free consultation.