Do you want to know about Gynecomastia surgery, its causes, and its symptoms?
Gynecomastia is an excess of breast gland tissue in boys or men brought on by an unbalanced estrogen and testosterone level. One or both breasts may be affected by gynecomastia, occasionally unevenly.
Pseudogynecomastia describes an increase in fat in male breasts without an increase in glandular tissue. Gynecomastia can emerge from typical variations in hormone levels in newborns, boys going through puberty, and older men, though there are other causes as well. Gynecomastia is typically not a significant issue, although managing the illness can be challenging. Gynecomastia can cause men and boys to experience discomfort in their breasts as well as feelings of embarrassment. Gynecomastia could disappear by itself. But surgery is the only viable and long-term solution for treating gynecomastia.
What are the symptoms of Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia in adult males typically goes undiagnosed. Among the condition’s warning signs and symptoms are:
- Pain, especially in teenagers
- breast tissue that has enlarged
- Tender breasts
- sensitivity to the touch of clothing on the nipples
Causes of Gynecomastia-
A reduction in the proportion of the hormone testosterone to estrogen causes gynecomastia. Conditions that limit the effects of testosterone, decrease testosterone, or raise your estrogen level can be to blame for the decline.
The following are a few things that can throw off the hormone balance.
- Both men’s and women’s sex characteristics are regulated by the hormones testosterone and estrogen. Male characteristics like body hair and muscle mass are controlled by testosterone. Estrogen regulates feminine characteristics, particularly breast development.
- Many drugs have the potential to induce gynecomastia. These consist of:
- Prostate cancer, as well as other disorders, are treated with anti-androgens. Flutamide, finasteride (Proscar, Propecia), and spironolactone (Aldactone, Carospir) are a few examples.
- Treatment of hormone deficits, delayed puberty, or muscle loss due to another illness with anabolic steroids and androgens.
- medicines for AIDS- Gynecomastia can be brought on by various HIV drugs due to their estrogen-like effects, particularly Efavirenz (Sustiva).
- ADHD medicines, such as Adderall.
- Anti-anxiety drugs like Valium (diazepam).
- Junk food and oily foods can lead to obesity with can later lead to the condition Gynecomastia.
How do we proceed with Gynecomastia surgery?
- For you to discuss your issue and the results you anticipate from your surgery, we offer the chance to chat with our surgeon in person.
- Depending on your preferences, weight, and grade, you can choose between undergoing treatment under general anesthesia and local anesthesia.
- You may need to go through a few necessary tests to make sure you are ready for the procedure.
- The area that has to be treated will be marked using a marker.
- Two incisions around your areola and down the nipple will be made on each chest.
- Through this incision, a laser-emitting wand will be inserted into the chest to help melt the fat.
- A cannula or suction tool can be used to remove melted fat, or the melted fat can be removed.
- If you prefer to perform your surgery this way, you can use Vaser rays, which are ultrasonic rays that melt fat in a manner similar to a laser.
- Additionally, We will eliminate your glandular tissue.
- Gynecomastia might be more severe in certain people than others, necessitating more skin tightening.
- You might select an additional Renuvion skin-tightening operation to give your chest an even-contoured and tightened appearance.
How should you care for yourself following surgery?
- You must keep the dressing on for at least three days after the surgery.
- Two months after the dressing is taken off, you should keep wearing a compression garment to ensure complete healing of your chest.
- Avoid engaging in any kind of strenuous exercise or heavy lifting.
- Take the prescribed medication for a week, which includes an antibiotic, an anti-inflammatory, and an acid-reducing agent.
What expectations you should have from your surgery?
You’ll notice a difference right away after your surgery, so you’ll start to profit right away. You should give yourself enough time to recover and let the swelling go down naturally to receive an equitable effect. After the initial swelling subsides, you can wear whatever you like.
Why choose dezire clinic for your Gynecomastia surgery?
Looking for cosmetic treatment in Delhi, Dezire clinic has been in the field of cosmetic and surgical procedures for years now. We use the latest technology available in the market to give you high-class services. Dezire is known for maintaining an impeccable level of hygiene for a safe experience for our clients. We maintain confidentiality in our work to ensure that you will have a comfortable experience with us. You can call us at 9717470550 or you can email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to book your free consultation.