Gynecomastia is a condition in which the breast gland tissues of a male increases when they are not required to. This condition can be seen in the men of all ages but it is very common in new born male children and adolescent males. The most common cause of this condition is an imbalance of estrogen and testosterone hormone in the body. Estrogen is a hormone responsible for giving feminine traits to a woman. Estrogen and testosterone both are present in all human beings. Women have dominantly estrogen hormone and men possess testosterone.
What is the process of Gynecomastia Surgery?
In some patients the issue of Gynecomastia resolves on its own but when it does not resolve on its own, you can opt for a surgical method to treat your gynecomastia. The procedure takes 2 to 3 hours to get finished. Two kinds of procedure are used depending on the condition of the patient to treat the gynecomastia.
- Liposuction- in this procedure the doctor will remove only the fat present in the breast and not the glands.
- Mastectomy- in this procedure your breast glands will be removed. This method is less invasive in its nature and requires less recovery time.
Precautions to be taken after the gynecomastia surgery
- It requires at least 4 to 6 weeks recovering after the surgery and in this period you have to be careful and have to maintain some precautions.
- You have to take complete rest for at least 3 days so that you can heal faster.
- You should take simple fluids diets for few days gradually shifting to solid meals.
- Keep your body hydrated and drink a lot of water.
- It is necessary to avoid alcohol for at least 72 hours prior and later the gynecomastia procedure.
- Avoid activities like dancing, working out in gym and swimming till the time you get completely recovered from the surgery.
- It is advised to keep wearing your compression garment to prevent swelling and any potential bruising. Compression garment also increases the possibility of better aesthetic outcomes.
- Keep the compression garment clean to avoid any kind of infections that may occur.
- After 3 weeks you can shift to loose comfortable clothes from the compression garment.
- You should avoid taking certain medicines like aspirin and ibuprofen as it will affect the blood clotting system in adverse manner, disrupting the recovery process.
- If you are feeling pain or discomfort, ask your doctor to recommend a safe pain killer or anti inflammatory medications.
- Keep your incision clean and apply prescribed ointment on a daily basis for the quick recovery.
What is the cost of Gynecomastia procedure and risk associated with it?
The cost of the Gynecomastia procedure depends on the severity of your situation. The doctor will first analyze your condition and then will recommend an opt procedure. When it comes to the risk factor, like all the other surgeries, there is a chance of getting an infection if not done at a professional clinic. That is why it is recommended to choose a clinic that maintains high standards when it comes to the efficiency and hygiene.
Why choose dezire clinic for your Gynecomastia surgery
Dezire clinics are famous for their high standards when it comes to cosmetic surgeries and hygiene. We have the latest technology available in the market for giving you the best possible results. We provide the most affordable services to our patients to make the services accessible to all.