Breast Asymmetry Correction
Breast Asymmetry Correction
Breast Asymmetry Correction
Breast Asymmetry Correction Some Common Facts
- In 10% of women, one breast is very different than the other. Usually, one breast is smaller and flatter and the other is larger and sagging.
- As a woman gets older, the difference between her two breasts can increase because the small breast tends to stay flat while the larger one grows even larger and more sagging with pregnancies or weight changes.
- This asymmetry or difference between the two breasts can be corrected with good surgery.
- Severe breast asymmetry can be psychologically disturbing, especially for teenagers.
Breast Asymmetry Correction Can
- Restore a more even shape, volume, and position to the breast mound.
- Refine the shape and dimensions of the breasts.
- Address discrepancies in the position of the nipple or breast crease.
- Correct imbalances resulting from mastectomy, family traits, physical trauma, or another surgeon’s unsuccessful surgery.
- Help make activities like clothes shopping more enjoyable.
Planning Your Procedure
Each breast asymmetry patient is unique, so Dr. Prashant will carefully examine your medical history, your current breast shape, and your desires before recommending a specific, personalized approach focused on your goals in order to help you plan a procedure that creates the appearance you want.
The most common combination is breast augmentation of the smaller breast and breast reduction of the larger breast. Sometimes, only one breast needs to be operated on. If the smaller breast looks good, we just reduce the larger one to match. If the larger breast looks fine, then we will just place an implant in the smaller breast to get symmetry.
Most women have slightly different-sized – or asymmetrical – breasts. However, in some cases the difference in size is pronounced. In these cases, correction is often desired. The best procedure will depend on several factors, including how you want to balance the breasts.
Recovery Time After Correction Of Breast Asymmetry:
- You will have some swelling and perhaps a little bruising for a few days. After the first week, you may resume your normal activities including sexual relations.
- Most Patients take three to four days off from work.
- Vigorous athletic activity such as dance or aerobic classes should be avoided for three weeks after breast surgery.
Nipple Sensation And Breast Feeding
Breast augmentation leaves normal nipple sensation and you can breast feed. Breast reduction does not interfere with nipple sensation and with scarless breast reduction you can breast feed
How Is Asymmetry Correction Performed?
Asymmetrical breasts can be made more even either by augmentation of the smaller breast, or by reduction of the larger one. Both breasts, of course, can also be changed in the same way but to a different extent in order to match them:
Asymmetrical Breast Augmentation :
In this procedure, Dr. Prashant makes an incision either under the armpit, in the crease under the breast, around the areola (the pigmented tissue around the nipple), or through the navel. He then lifts the breast tissue, creates a pocket in the chest area – either above or below the muscle – and then places the implant inside the pocket.
Implant type and placement: Dr Prashant’s experience in the design, development, and clinical use of breast implants for breast asymmetry correction, enables him to choose from the entire collection of available breast implants. Dr Prashant’s analysis will help determine not only which implant best “fits” your situation, but also what incision and technique is best for your individual needs. In your consultation he will outline the benefits and trade-offs of each option before you make the right personal decision unique to you and your body.
Scarless Breast Reduction (VASER LIPOSUCTION)
Small incisions (as used in standard liposuction) are given in the crease under the breast, in the armpit, and on the border of the areola. Liposculpture then reduces the breasts in the deep, middle, and superficial layers allowing a reduced breast size and a modest elevation of the nipple level. Scarless breast reduction will allow a more modest, but significant, reduction in size, as well as a more modest elevation of the nipple with the overall general shape of the breast maintained.
Combination approaches: Due to the many variations of breast asymmetries, some require a more complex approach to achieve satisfying results. In some cases, implants with slight or greater size or shape differences may achieve the desired results. In other cases, it will be necessary to reposition the nipple, refine the areola, or adjust the position of the breast mound through breast lift which may also include an enlargement as well
Special considerations: Some women are born with breasts that never develop chest muscles that are missing, or chest bone shapes that are uneven and unsightly. This can become a physical and emotional burden during teenage years when breast are normally developing. Childhood surgical procedures or trauma can also keep breasts from developing normally, and for mature women disease or cancer can result in partial or total breast removal and possible negative changes from radiation treatment.
How long does surgery take?
The length of the surgery depends on the type of procedure you choose, your anatomy and the incision technique, ranging from 2-4 hours.
Will I have to stay in the hospital?
Most breast augmentation and reduction surgeries are performed as an outpatient procedure. In this case, you’ll be able to return home within a few hours of the surgery.
How much pain is there?
Augmentation: Breast augmentation stretches the tissues, and can be painful. This is especially true when the implants are placed under the muscle, and in young women who have never had children. The pain is greatest within the first 48 hours, but improves with each day and is somewhat relieved by pain medications. In spite of the initial discomfort, most women report that they are very satisfied with the results of the surgery.
What is the recovery period like?
- You will receive instructions about changing the gauze and keeping the incisions clean, positions for sleep and rest, raising your arms, breathing exercises and breast massage.
- Expect to feel tired and tender for the first 24 to 48 hours. Your breasts will be bruised and sore—be prepared to take it easy.
- Drink plenty of fluids and be sure to follow your medication schedule.
- Avoid vigorous or strenuous exercise for 3 weeks..
- Avoid lifting and pushing for two weeks – no heavy lifting or pushing for four weeks.
What is the long-term outcome like for most people?
Correction to breast asymmetry can help clothes to fit better as well as improve the overall silhouette by balancing the breast contours. Remember, though, that as with breasts in general, the pull of gravity will affect a surgically corrected breast over time. However, since the breasts are now more equal in size and weight, they may undergo such changes more evenly.
What are the ideal conditions?
In general, the best candidates for asymmetrical breast correction Surgery are:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Not currently pregnant or nursing.
- In good physical health.
- Psychologically stable.
- Wanting to improve their appearance.
- Realistic in their expectations.
- Having this surgery for the first time.
To Get the complete detail of Breast Asymmetry Correction, Call at +91 9222122122