MaX FUE, Best Hair Transplant Technique
Follicular Unit Extraction is one of the two procedures used to obtain follicular units from donor area. Usually the donor area is located on the back and sides of the scalp in scalp hair transplantation. It is also known as safe and permanent zone. In FUE, follicular units or grafts are extracted one by one from the donor area with a special instrument. Every unit has 2-4 hair with roots.
The Follicular unit Extraction is performed using an automated machine which has a small round punch which rotates and makes a circular incision surrounding the follicular unit or graft.The FUE punch is chosen as per the characteristics (0.8 mm-0.9mm) of the donor hair and its diameter. The punch then releases the attachment of individual hair roots along with surrounding protective tissue. After extraction very tiny, fine holes remain at the donor site which get completely healed in 5-7 days and are not visible afterwards.
The important advantage of FUE method is that it doesn’t leave any linear scar like in strip extraction method.
Advantages of FUE method:
Here at dezire clinic,Pune, Bangalore, Delhi and Gurgaon, India, we use best and latest machines and tools available for hair transplant. The main advantages of using these new tools are:
- Results are permanent and natural
- The procedure is minimally invasive, painless with no bleeding.
- There is no scarring in the donor area
- Healing is much faster
- Almost all patients are candidates for this method
- More number of units are extracted per minute hence the procedure becomes faster
- Least damage to the graft during graft extraction
- Resume work sooner and recovery is fast
- Suitable for body hair transplant ( beard , chest , legs etc ) .Beard, moustache and eyebrow transplants can be done using this technique.
- The results are of natural looking hairline with densely packed hair
- Maximum number of grafts are procured in a day giving maximum yield and lots of hair
Follicular Unit Extraction Technique
The grafts are harvested with the help of Automated FUE machine (USA FDA Approved) which ensure least damage to the grafts under magnified view of surgical loupes.
Very small punches (FDA Approved) are used for follicle extraction which is very essential for minimal scarring, pain and bleeding.
Mega session in which up to 4000 grafts for coverage of large area of baldness can be done in a single day. If more than 4000 grafts are required then the procedure can be done over a period of 2 days.
Step by Step FUE procedure:
- Preparation- Anesthesia: FUE is a virtually painless procedure. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia which is first administered in the donor area and then after follicular extraction local anesthesia is administered in the recipient area. In order to facilitate the follicular units’ extraction, the donor area hair has to be trimmed to about 1mm length so as to enable the doctor to estimate the angulations of the follicular units.
- Follicular Unit Harvesting: With an automated machine which has a small round punch which rotates and makes a circular incision surrounding the follicular unit of diameter 0.7mm- 0.9 mm. The follicular units are extracted. They are surrounded by their sebaceous glands, muscles, nerves and connective tissue. The donor hair is typically taken from the back of the head where the hair is genetically programmed to not fall out completely. Follicular units usually consist of 1-4 hairs and they are harvested from the donor area one by one.
- Preservation of Follicular Units: The extracted follicular units are kept in physiological saline solution until they are ready to be re-implanted.
- Donor area care: No linear incision is needed with the MaX FUE technique so the donor sites receive a simple medical care with antibiotic ointment and are temporarily covered (they are left to heal by second intention in 1-2 weeks post op).
- Implantation in recipient site: The preserved grafts are then re-implanted into the recipient area with a special implanter. Due to the fact that no linear incision is needed with the MaX FUE technique, the donor sites receive a simple medical care with antibiotic ointment and are temporarily covered (they are left to heal by second intention in 1-2 weeks post op).
- Post-procedural care: With the end of the procedure, the doctor examines the donor and the recipient area and provides you with all the necessary post operative instructions before you return home. The next day your first hair wash is given at our clinic.The following days you can wash your hair at home according to the instructions.
Hair transplant procedure duration
The hair transplant procedure is a day care procedure done under local anesthesia hence no admission or stay is required. The duration of the procedure of FUE hair transplant is 5 to 10 hrs. During this period regular breaks are given for food and tea for maximum comfort. We have specially designed fUe hair transplant surgery chair for comfort and relaxation during the procedure.
FUE hair transplant recovery time:
Generally patients can resume normal daily routine almost immediately. Exercise can be started the second day following your procedure. For the first 10 days, you should avoid any activities that rub or put direct pressure on your scalp. Since the procedure is done under local anesthesia and involves to incisions and scars, the recovery is almost immediate.
FUE transplant results:
This is how the FUE hair growth timeline looks-
The grafts are permanently lodged around day 10. The scabs can be rubbed off. At 2 weeks the transplanted hair begins to shed and will continue to do so for another month or two. At 2-5 months the new hair begins to grow. Initially the hair is very fine. Between 6-9 months the hair is groomable, however it continues to grow. Around 1 year time you can see the final results of the FUE transplant.
No shave FUE hair transplant
Prior to extraction limited donor area is trimmed and the number of grafts achieved by unshaven technique are around 1500-2000 grafts. It is possible to finish the entire procedure in one day.
The true benefit of this hair restoration method lies in the fact that there are no visible signs of hair restoration after the procedure.
Cost Of FUE Hair Transplant in India
The follicular unit extraction for baldness treatment in male and female by the best hair transplant center is an affordable reality now and the total cost depends on the the number of graft required to cover the bald area. Please schedule your consultation with our hair transplant surgeon doctors to know the exact cost for your procedure. To book an appointment kindly mail or call us +91 9222122122, firstname.lastname@example.org
Question: Is fue hair transplant painful?
Answer: FUE hair transplant is almost painless procedure. Only pain felt is during administration of local anesthesia.
Question: Is FUE hair transplant permanent?
Answer: Yes FUE hair transplant is a permanent solution. The transplanted hair has a natural look and feel.
Question: What is the recovery time of FUE hair transplant?
Answer: You can resume your work or regular daily activities from next day. No food or travelling restriction after the procedure are required.
Question: What are the side effects of FUE hair implantation?
Answer: There are no permanent risks or complication associated with the hair transplant. There will be minimum discomfort and swelling of the forehead. We will prescribe medication for that and it will subside soon on its own.
Question: Will there be scarring after FUE?
Answer: Since there are no cuts, there will be no scarring involved. Instead you will have full density head full of hair.
Question: When will I be able to see the full results?
Answer: Between 6-9 months the hair grows enough to be able to be groomed. Around 1 year is when you see the full results of the procedure.
Question: What is the cost of FUE hair transplant?
Answer: The cost of FUE is variable and it depends upon the number of grafts required to cover the bald area. Please make an appointment with one of our clinics at Pune, Bangalore, Delhi, Gurgaon in India. At your consultation we will guide you about the cost of your procedure.
Question: What is the advantage of FUE over FUT?
Answer: In FUT a thin strip of skin is cut using scalpel, hence it leaves a linear scar at the donor site which can be noticeable. Whereas in FUE, single unit of hair follicle are extracted with a specially designed motorized punch from the donor area. Hence there are no cuts or scars making this procedure practically painless. You can resume back to work in 1-2 days and there are no food or travelling restrictions.