FEMALE TO MALE TOP SURGERY
We are sure that not everyone is friendly with the term female to male top surgery; hence we certify that the methodologies of this kind of surgery are understandable logically to everyone. Let’s begin with Female to male top surgery, which basically involves chest masculinisation technique, for transsexual men. Top surgery is found to be most effective and successful surgery as compared to other procedure. It is a process to change the outline and appearance of your chest so that it gets fit into your gender identity. In many cases, this means making a more masculine-appearing chest.
Reasons why people choose Top surgery
- To boost up physical and emotional comfort.
- Feel more comfortable within their gender.
- To feel comfortable and safe in public places
- Increase sexual desire or fulfilment.
At Dezire clinic we follow the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) guidelines for performing transgender surgery.
During surgery surgeon will do following task:
- Female breast tissues are removed by use of Subcutaneous Mastectomy that uses precise procedures to enlarge male contours.
- Apart from this, the removal of excess skin, rearrangement of areola and nipple, retreating of the areola and/or nipple or free nipple grafts will take place.
Ready to Have Surgery
There are many things to think about when planning about top surgery. Your surgeon will talk to you about:
- The surgical option and procedure available and suitable for you
- Suitable time for surgery
- Recovery options after surgery as you need to take break of 2 to 4 weeks from work.
- Goals and expectations from surgery and after surgery looks and feelings
Health-related factor need to be considered before surgery
You can go for FTM top surgery if you wish to have, but before that health condition need to be monitored because surgery is not a safe option along with medical illness. The following medical conditions need to be stabilized before surgery and our surgeon will support you completely in this.
- Obesity (BMI greater than 30)
- Nicotine use
- High blood pressure
Once your medical condition gets stabilized, surgeon will choose the surgical procedure depending upon your medical history, age, body type, breast size and your surgical goals.
Top surgery procedure
There are a number of procedures available to perform chest masculine reconstruction. But the type of surgical procedure depends completely on the amount of chest tissue required to be removed and client surgical goals. The procedure for FTM top surgery involves the following methods:
- Double Incision with Free Nipple Grafts
- Buttonhole Process
- Peri-areolar Top Surgery
- Keyhole top surgery
Double Incision with free nipple grafts
This is mostly used the procedure for the chest Masculinisation while performing FTM top surgery. This procedure encloses the surgical removal of breast tissue and surplus skin, as well as alters the size and assignment of the areolas as skin grafts to a more masculine location. The procedure results out in male chest contouring and scar marks on each side which gets fade away with time.
More than 80% of FTM top surgeries are done by this technique and it is suitable for suitable for clients with larger bodies, breasts, and distributions of excessive skin. While performing this surgery horizontal incisions made on the upper and lower part of the chest muscles and breast tissues. The skin is pulled back breast tissues are removed along with nipples and the areola parts. After that, an incision is joined by use of sutures and removed nipples are resized and grafted back into the chest. The surgery is an outpatient procedure and hardly requires 1-3 hours under anaesthesia effect.