Circumcision is a cosmetic surgery procedure in which foreskin from human penis is removed. In this procedure first the foreskin of the penis is opened and the foreskin is then removed from the glans. This procedure is mainly done for newborn because of some religious or social beliefs and it can be also done in adults also. Circumcision in adults is used for treating some conditions such as:
- Balantis – In this condition there is swelling of foreskin of penis
- Balanopsthitis -Tip and foreskin of the penis become inflamed
- Paraphimosis – In this condition the foreskin of the penis cannot be pulled over the tip of penis due to which foreskin become swollen.
- Phimosis – In this condition penis is not able to retract its skin
- Frenuloplasty – Frenulum of the penis becomes short or sensitive which creates problem during sexual activity.
Symptoms of Phimosis
Eligible candidate for Circumcision Treatment
Candidates who can undergo this procedure are:
- All newborn male babies.
- Adults and grown-ups who are suffering from some penile health conditions.
- In some cases, parents wanted their children to undergo this procedure for religious beliefs.
Advantages of Circumcision
- Reduce the danger of creating cancer for the penis.
- Decreases the chances of getting sexually transmitted diseases[STD’s] like HIV.
- Lower the danger of creating urinary tract ailment [UTI].
- It also prevents in getting an infection of the foreskin.
- It reduced the risk of urinary infection in boys with congenital urological abnormalities
- Reduces the risk of sexually transmitted disease or penile cancer
What is done during circumcision?
There are lot of technique of circumcision and the choice of the technique depends on the preference and experience of the physician. Circumcision is done under local anaesthesia and it is completed within 15 to 20 minutes. Circumcision is being done by basically three methods:
- The Gomco Clamp
In this technique probe is being used for separating the foreskin from penis head. After that a bell-shaped device is placed over the head of the penis and below foreskin. Foreskin of the penis is placed over the bell and clamp for reducing flow of blood. With the help of scalpel foreskin is cut.
- The Mogen Clamp
In this technique with the help of probe foreskin of penis is being separated from its head. After that foreskin is being pulled in front and then it is placed with the help of metal clamp with slot. By keeping the clamp in its place the foreskin of the penis is being cut with scalpel.
- The Plastibell Technique
This method is just like Gomco clamp method, in this method after separating penis with probe, the plastic bell is placed below the foreskin and above the head of penis. After that suture is being placed directly near the foreskin of penis which stops the blood supply to foreskin of penis. With the help of scalpel the extra skin is being cut off and the plastic ring is still there. Plastic ring will fall on itself after 6 to 12 days.
Steps of Circumcision
Steps involved with the circumcision are the following:
- The tip of the penis and the foreskin are separated so that the head of the penis is is clearly exposed. This step is performed in young boys only as the tip and foreskin are not separated
- Smegma is removed, which holds the foreskin and tip of the penis.
- Then, the foreskin is set in its original position.
- Now, with the help of scissors, the foreskin is cut in a vertical way on the upper side of the penis.
After this, the second slit or cut is made on the underside of the penis.
- Then, the foreskin is cut down on the sides of the penis and foreskin edges are pulled back.
- The blood vessels are tied off with the help of stitches and the foreskin edges are stitched.
What care should be taken following circumcision?
- You should always wash your hand before touching the incision area and you have to keep it clean and dry
- Daily wash the area with warm water and keep it dry and cover it with gauze or cloth if it gets rubbed against skin
What is ZSR Circumcision?
This a specialized circumcision technology, this technique uses surgical stapler for cutting and sealing the skin edges other than using sutures. ZSR circumcision is an alternate option for treating phimosis.
What are the technical steps of ZSR circumcision?
Steps of ZSR circumcision are:
- First the penis is being cleaned and draped to prevent infection.
- After that local anaesthesia is given
- Fixing of the prepuce is done and the safety rod of instrument is inserted
- After matching skin is marked to ring and prepuce is fixed to rod
In the final step:
Stapler is being fixed to penis and after that it is unlocked.
What are the benefits of ZSR Circumcision
Some of the benefits of ZSR circumcision are:
- Bloodless- There is no bleeding, swelling or edema formation in this technique
- Stictchless- As compared to other technique no stitches are placed. Only smooth silicone ring is placed which goes with time. It only takes 10 -12 days for the ring to fall off
- Scarless- There is no formation of scars as compared to other techniques
- Less time –This procedure takes only 10 minutes to complete after that patient can easily go back to their home
- Cosmetic appeal- This procedure gives a good appearance to penis
How much time is taken to recover from ZSR Circumcision?
It will take maximum 10 days to recover from circumcision till the wound is completely healed.
ZSR Circumcision Surgery cost in Delhi
Some of the factors on which circumcision treatment depends are:
- Health of patient
- Age of patient
- Technique of circumcision used
- Location of the clinic
- Qualification of the doctor
Please make an appointment for personal consultation with Dr Prashant Yadav at one of Dezire clinic locations at Pune, Bangalore, Delhi or Gurgaon. Upon your consultation Dr Yadav will discuss your particular case and will give you exact cost of your procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it a bloodless procedure?
Circumcision is a bloodless procedure
Why is it called a pain-free treatment?
Circumcision is a pain free treatment because it is done under the effect of local anaesthesia.
What are the chances of infection?
If proper hygiene of penis is not kept after circumcision then there is chance of infection.
What is the recovery time after Circumcision?
Maximum 10 days is needed to recovery after circumcision till it gets completely healed.
Will there be any scars?
As compared to other technique of circumcision in ZSR technique no scars will be formed.
How often does the dressing need to be changed?
You need to change your dressing after 3 days of your procedure.
How often do I need to come for a follow-up?
First follow up should be done after 48 to 72 hours, second follow up should be done after 7 days and final follow up should be done after 6 weeks.
If you are looking to get your circumcision technique then you must any branch of Dezire clinic located in Delhi, Gurgaon, Pune, Bangalore and Ahmadabad. This clinic is headed by expert surgeon Dr. Prashant Yadav (M.S, M.CH) he is an Indian Board Certified Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon as well as member of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India and Pune Association of Plastic Surgeons. He is dedicated in providing the highest quality cosmetic surgery in a friendly, private setting at an affordable price. They are also very thorough in their consultations and enjoy the one-on-one relationships they develop with their patients. For more information call us on +91 9222122122.
Phimosis surgery, Phimosis surgery cost, Phimosis treatment cost, alanitis treatment, paraphimosis treatment, zsr stapler price , zsr stapler cost, zsr Circumcision Stapler, stapler circumcision delhi, circumcised men, balanitis cream, balanitis symptoms, balanitis cure, balanitis causes, balanoposthistis treatment, candidal balanoposthistis, ircumcision Surgery, zsr circumcision, Circumcision Surgery, Circumcision Treatment, Treatment for Circumcision in Delhi, Male Circumcision Surgery, Male Circumcision Procedure